Is it smart? Is it useful? Is it interesting? Our Copywriter can speak in many voices, to many different audiences. They use language that is thoughtful, economical, fluidly written, carefully edited, and always on-brand. Everything they write maps back to a distinct brand strategy that fits the target audience, and they’re always thinking about the overarching consumer experience.
This role will work closely with the design team to craft copy for our startup clients. You’ll be working with our Brand Voice Lead to translate a pre-existing brand strategy and/or set of voice guidelines into smart, useful, and interesting copy across a wide array of channels, online and offline. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with a collaborative, hands-on agency.
To excel at this role, you need to think cross-channel in creating a unified voice that can work for digital platforms and physical products. You’ll be leading copywriting for each of these touchpoints. Versatility is key; you must be able to write fluidly in a range of styles that can speak to a wide variety of audiences. You must be able to show experience in defining and translating brand strategy, mission, and persona into a cohesive and impactful voice.
This is a highly cross-functional role that will be reporting directly to the Creative Director. The ideal candidate will have a proven work history in a fast-paced agency or in-house startup environment. (Also: must love puns.)
Responsibilities will include:
• Working with the entire Communal team, from design and art direction to project management and client services.
• Working directly with clients to translate their brand strategy and voice into consumer-facing copy.
• Collaborating with the design team in concepting and executing a full consumer experience, from brainstorming themes to crafting headlines.
• Generation of brand names and naming architectures.
• Connecting throughout the process, from participating in brand development and creative sessions, to executing product copy and campaign concepts.
• Being a leader for all copywriting, across digital and physical.
• Presenting and collaborating externally and internally, for client meetings and internal working sessions.
Things we’d like to see:
• 2-4 years of copywriting experience.
• A portfolio of your work. Ideally it includes a mix of brand and product-related projects.
• Direct experience working and collaborating with designers.
• Bonus points for startup experience.